 Storage / 1006
  Wanted - more efficient storage

As I am nearing the end of my sorting (I need to take some new pictures of my unsorted piles, I do still have piles reaching to the ceiling but don't have a floor to ceiling stack, I am very close to having my entryway more or less clear [those who (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Wanted - more efficient storage

In lugnet.storage, Frank Filz writes: <snip> (...) Custom shelving. We have custom shelving in a couple places (in the garage, in the costume/sowing area), and it's amazing how much extra volume you gain by customizing your space. (URL) our old (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Wanted - more efficient storage

Frank, you might consider "Gorilla Racks" or something similar. I bought three of them at Sam's Club but I'm sure something similar is also available at hardware stores. While they aren't the haute culture of the furniture world, they provide six (...) (23 years ago, 4-Sep-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Wanted - more efficient storage

(...) I have some lovely industrial shelving (12"x36"x72") that I got cheap from a friend. I think the most important aspect is that it has plenty of adjustable shelves. It efficiently holds everything from small Rubbermaid food containers stored on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Wanted - more efficient storage

(...) Some of the problems I've seen with the Metro cart: - I really needed a 72" wide unit. I don't think a pair of 36" wide units would work well. It also would be better if it was a bit deeper. - The shelf spacing is not fine enough. Spacing is (...) (23 years ago, 5-Sep-01, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: Wanted - more efficient storage

Hi Frank, Did you ever thought about the idea of stacking the boxes or containers not higher then 2 or three High ? We do have an system out here thats using an rail fitted to the wall and the shelfs are adjustable by an distance of 3 cm.The seize (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.storage)