 Storage / 1006
1005  |  1007
Subject:
Wanted - more efficient storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 14:56:12 GMT

As I am nearing the end of my sorting (I need to take some new pictures
of my unsorted piles, I do still have piles reaching to the ceiling but
don't have a floor to ceiling stack, I am very close to having my
entryway more or less clear [those who have squeezed into my apartment
will appreciate this news]).

The problem I am running into is that the Rubbermaid tubs that I have
been using have several problems:

- they can only be stacked a few high before the load becomes too great
- their sloped sides waste a lot of space

I'm mostly finding the most efficient storage box so far is a copier
paper box. Unfortunately, you can't see through those, and I'm not sure
how rugged they are (though they are pretty rugged).

One thing which would be nice also is shelving which is efficient. I
bought an 18"x48"x72" Metro cart with four shelves and quickly
discovered that it resulted in less efficient storage near my computer
than my current haphazard arrangement of a microwave cart, a couple Ibis
drawer units, and stuff stacked on top of all of that. I didn't get
completely done with stacking it up, but it was pretty clear that I
wasn't going to get everything on the lower shelves that was in the
space originally and still have the top shelf clear. The result even
looked more crowded instead of less (primarily because the current
stacking is less than 5' high. It also still required double stacking of
items (the current method does have two piles stacked four high and one
pile stacked two high).

If anyone has any thoughts, feel free to share.

Frank