 Star Wars / 9958
Re: Finially got a 2001 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:52:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, Bradley Dale writes:
Then I went across the street to Zellers (I live in Canada - it's the
equivalent of K-Mart or Aimes in the US) expecting nothing as usual from
that type of store; they had 2001 star wars and mars sets!  20% off all
lego!  They didn't have the imperial shuttle or the mars alien base, but
they had everything else, including several tie fighters!  20% off!!!!  On
2001 star wars sets!  :O!!!!

Even the At-ST?  Tell me about it, it's the one I want!

Oh right right...forgot to mention:  The only 2001 star wars they had was
the tie fighter and the droid escape.  It would have been nic to see the
AT-ST just to see what parts you get.  Nonetheless - it was the ONLY place
where I found ANY 2001 starwars sets.  I was quite happy.  It was good to
see what they meant by using a "support stand" for the tie fighter.  What
you see in the catalogue is real - they use a girder from the lego movie
sets/soccer sets to act as a support stand for the tie fighter.  The tie
fighter si supposed to sit on this thing when being serviced.  I wonder if
Darth Vader's tie fighter will also sit on the stand?

Trev

I was more interested in how many parts you get with the At-St.  The Battle
Droid Carrier has 133 pieces and is only $14.97, one of the best deals other
than the Value Packs.
Consider:

Battle Droid Carrier (7 droids plus carrier vehicle)= $10 USD
Battle Droid Collectible 'Figs (3 droids plus display cards)= $5 USD

Wow! I don't have it, but I have seen it and it looks cool.  I think the At-St
will be the same price, so I was wondering about the number of pieces.