 Space / 4845
4844  |  4846
Subject:
Finially got a 2001 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:22:51 GMT

I stopped by my TRU last night to see and lo and behold; two Mars sets.  One
was $50 and one (the ugly one) was $6.  Guess which I picked up.  Well, I
thought at first it was another functionless/useless with bad colors set
with an alien.  After I built it, though, it looks like this is a set I'll
want a few of.

The set, 7311 Red PLanet Cruiser, is improperly named.  A better name would
be "Mecha building parts pack".

After building it, I actually thought it was pretty cool, and the new click
hinges were great for mechas.  The rest of the pieces are likewise things
you'd likely use or look for in mecha or spacecraft design; wing plates,
slopes, trans-orange exaust and cones, bottom fuselage 2x4 piece.  The
colors are funky but I love the new dirty green.  I figured with some other
parts, you could build a single-fig suit.  Nope.  I built a small suit, with
legs and arms, with just the included parts!  And it looked pretty good, too.

So far, I'm very pleased with the new line and can't wait till more stuff
appears.

--Josh

(FUT lugnet.build.mecha)