 Space / 4846
Re: Finially got a 2001 set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 21:28:11 GMT

Well, I was searching for days for the 2001 sets myself....the best I could
find was a few of the mars sets, and only the small ones.  Picked up a
couple of the mono jects for parts, just to satisfy my craving.

Then today, with the holidays and all, I went to my local ToysRus---NOTHING!

:(  (why I outta...)

Then I went across the street to Zellers (I live in Canada - it's the
equivalent of K-Mart or Aimes in the US) expecting nothing as usual from
that type of store; they had 2001 star wars and mars sets!  20% off all
lego!  They didn't have the imperial shuttle or the mars alien base, but
they had everything else, including several tie fighters!  20% off!!!!  On
2001 star wars sets!  :O!!!!

:)

AND to make the day even sweeter, I stopped in at Sears, and they had a
couple of Imperial Armada ships from the old pirates theme.  Went to the
counter to ask if there would be a sale soon so that I might put this
discontinued treasure on layaway or something....the only sale on the lego
was two days ago.  But the guy said,"Aw shucks, I'll give it to you at the
sale price from two days ago anyway!  Does 20% off sound good?"

:O  (stunned)

Christmas has come a little early this year for me.

Trev