 Star Wars / 9059
Re: UCS X-Wing Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 00:14:45 GMT

I had the exact same experience and, as of yet, have not been able to solve
the engineering problem.  I'm really surprised they didn't utilize the
design of the AMT/ERTL model.  That version had the top left and bottom
right wings connected and vice versa.  The two pieces rotate around a
central axle.  A much more balanced and weight-distributing design.  It
really confuses me when a company that demands product tolerances to within
a few millimeters overlooks such a basic structural design flaw.

Dave

I notice that when I have the S-foils closed, they do not form
a flat plane from wingtip-to-wingtip as shown on the back
page of the manual.  Instead the tips slope upwards slightly,
most notably for the bottom foils.  Also when the foils are
opened, the roots of the upper ones rest nicely against the
sides of the fuselage to help reduce some of the floppiness.
But the bottom foils don't do this, are are pretty floppy.