 Star Wars / 9058
Re: UCS X-Wing Q's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:25:06 GMT

G'day (G'd night almost here in Sweden 7.30 pm)
Yes, i do have the same problem with the gearbox.
No, i did not get the extra pieces. You are indeed a lucky man...
It's really a nice set but it would be nicer without the annoying
stickers...
/Joakim

Kyle D. Jackson wrote in message ...
G'day Folks,

Since TRU here in Canada finally had a 20% off sale with this
set on the shelf, I snapped one up.  The two boxes still on the
shelf were horribly beat up.  I bought the better looking one
hoping nothing was missing.  I made out pretty well, missing
only one of the 1x16 black beams used in the stand.

I notice that when I have the S-foils closed, they do not form
a flat plane from wingtip-to-wingtip as shown on the back
page of the manual.  Instead the tips slope upwards slightly,
most notably for the bottom foils.  Also when the foils are
opened, the roots of the upper ones rest nicely against the
sides of the fuselage to help reduce some of the floppiness.
But the bottom foils don't do this, are are pretty floppy.
I'm worried a little about the stress on the lower attachment
points.  I tried following the gearbox assembly steps as
best as possible, but I'm worried that I have the lower
foil gears off by a tooth somewhere.  Anyone else having
this problem?  I'd hate to tear apart that entire rear fuselage
to fix the gearbox...

One other thing.  Among the extra pieces in my set were 20
black 1x1 plates with the little claw in the place of the
stud on top.  These are the same pieces that hold the blue
tubes around the perimeter of the UCS Tie's panels, and
exactly the amount required for that set (5 per panel).
I was just wondering if anyone else had this.

Thanx,
KDJ
Kyle D. Jackson, LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada