 Star Wars / 8860
Re: So Wizard!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:14:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
"COMING SUMMER OF 1999
STAR WARS: EPISODE I COLLECTION
IT'S SO WIZARD!"
And I really want to know,
What exactly do they mean by Wizard???

It was in the scene where everyone was in the podracer "hanger" or whatever,
and his friend, "This is so wizard, Anny" right before the race began, the
morning of it, when the droids and Padme came in by that camel thing.

For the record, the phrase "it's wizard!" was originally uttered several more
times by Anakin and his friends.  It was meant to be indicative of some kind of
slang (the scene in which Anakin runs out of Watto's shop yelling "yippee!"
originally had him yelling "wizard!".  You can still kind of tell it was
redubbed later).  Word as I hear it is that the only reason Kitster still says
it is that his mouth was too visible for it to be redubbed well.

Anyway, it was probably included by Lego in the original ad campaign to help
tie into the movie before Lucas ran through excising the word.  You'll note
that Lego stopped using it, probably because they got word from Lucas that
"wizard!" was to be taken out.

eric