 Star Wars / 8192
Re: Collectible mini-figs packs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:14:21 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Bradley Dale writes:

Actually, they cost $4.99. There is no Rock Raider one, there is one called
Construction Crew, from City Center. I am looking at the middle insert of my
catalog, I got it yesterday.

No Rock Raider in catalogue?  I would have expected this one to be part of the
collection-
It looks like an exclusive figure, so they may expect us to pay $5.00 for it.
There are two other new Rock Raider figure sets-
They both have three of the normal figures.  So, if these aren't in the
catalogue, where do you get them?  I've never seen one in stores.  To me the
#4930 Rock Raiders looks like a better deal with 5 figures, lots of tools,
crystal and a rock for $6.75.

My guess is if these sell well, Lego will do away with the 5 figure sets in
favor of three figure sets.  $4.99/3 - $6.75/5 = $1.66 - $1.35 = $0.31 more
profit per box.  Of course, they also include the bases which might drive the
profit down a bit, but it's still an increase in profit.

-Bryan