 Star Wars / 7563
    Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Bryan Hodges
   While it is entirely possible that C3PO did indicate in one of the books that he'd never had his memory wiped, you've got to remember that Lucas is not bound by the books. Anyone that writes a Star Wars book is simply writing a modification to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Dave Schuler
     (...) So if I want to juice up my Forcability, do I run to the doctor for a quick shot of midichlorians? Quantifying the accessibility of the Force in any way by definition strips it of some of its mysticism, much like saying that someone is more (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Jeff Johnston
     (...) That depends. If you want to "juice up" the efficiency of turning food into energy, do you go to your doctor for a quick shot of mitochondria? No? If you want to be smarter, can you just put some neurons in a syringe and launch them into your (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Dave Schuler
     (...) **snip** (...) I was making a rhetorical point, rather than giving a precise suggestion of how to get Forceful. (...) If you're speaking figuratively, not at all. If, as I was, you're referring to actual manna in his actual blood, then you're (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Jeff Johnston
     (...) It's one I've heard over and over as showing "how stupid midichlorians are" without the people saying it ever realizing how stupid their "counterargument" sounds. If you mean you preferred the force as a wholly mystical rather than as a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Nicholas Sim
     (...) I would rather think that the Jedi potential has what is in him already to attract midichlorians, rather than the midi stuff being born in his blood. The "scientific explanation" for the force is probably to placate young new viewers who think (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

         Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Eric Joslin
     (...) Yes, because the number of kids who watch the evolving monsters of Pokemon and read Harry Potter show that today's youth have a hard time swallowing anything magical. eric (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Jeff Johnston
     (...) What I remember is that 3P0 and R2 developed their "personality quirks" because they didn't get regular memory wipes. But anyway, if 3P0 *did* get a memory wipe...how would he know, unless someone told him? It's entirely possible for both to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)

        Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts —Adam Murtha
   I think the midichlorians still do have a 'mysterious' quality to them. Remember in Episode I when Qui-Gon asked Shmi about Anakin's father, and she replied "There was no father...I carried him..." etc. Which means either the midichlorians (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jun-00, to lugnet.starwars)