 Star Wars / 7091
Re: 7191 UCS X-Wing Received Today: First Impressions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 11:30:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Andrew Pruette writes:
I had a charge of $159 show up from Lego Shop-at-Home late last week, raising
my hopes for an near-future appearance of the 7191 Ultimate Collector Series • X-
Wing. I was not disappointed when I arrived home today: one box was waiting on
the porch, 7191 inside.

Yes!!  I would have gotten mine back on Friday, but the shipping department at
LDMI was unusually inept in that it sent it via UPS to my P.O. Box (which is
unfortunate since UPS won't deliver to P.O. Boxes).  However, I redirected it
to work and it arrived yesterday.

The box:

The box is not quite what I expected. The physical design is like King Leo's
Castle and the Mos Espa Podrace, with a large flap that folds around the
bottom and lifts up towards the top.

Yup.  The exact same size, too.

I don't know how important this is to many people, but congruity of box
dimensions among sets is actually pretty important when you're trying to store
tons of 'em in a collection.  I was afraid this thing would turn out to be
another monorail-sized box, which are really hard to store, since the big
floppy lid makes it easy for pieces to fall out during "vertical storage."

There is a sticker sheet with 31 stickers, all grayscale. There is also a very
large sticker for the info attached to the stand at the bottom. Many of the
stickers are meant to be placed where they will cover multiple plates (yuk!).

Stickers?!?  Doesn't TLC even KNOW the definition of an "Ultimate Collector?"
There's no way I'm sullying up all these parts the same way I did to my poor
Main Street set when I was ten...

When I try to follow that one, I get a broken link. Perhaps it is not ready
yet?

Probably nothing there that can't already be known here, and six months
earlier...

Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxx