 Star Wars / 704
Re: Who's got the Y-wing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:07:42 GMT

OK.  Sorry if I was curt, terse, or too vague.  I occasionally misjudge
what messages need smileys, and in which the intent is clear without the
help.

John has been going on about wanting to find out the length of the
extension rods in the Y-Wing for some time, so I was needling him a
little bit.

And if a less-familiar name was attached to the post, it probably would have
worked, too.  I was just about to hit the "reply" button when I saw it was
you.

And about "going on" about the length, I guess I figured that if someone had
posted a mini-review of the Tie Fighter, they must have the Y-wing and be
able to tell me the length, but I guess not.  Since I didn't know if the
reviewer was Ldraw-conversant, I tried to be more descriptive than the
Technic Link 16L, which would confuse just about anyone.

I'm still suprised that the 16L part was used here.  When I put them on my
Ldraw Y-wing, they looked way too long.  Perhaps a problem of Ldraw
perspective?

-John Van