 Star Wars / 6969
Re: Star Wars Lego display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 19:23:45 GMT

Comparing the display pictures to my Stormtrooper minifig with the "Luke in
Stormtrooper" removable helmet, I can say with conviction that the helmets used
in this display were not from that action figure.  It is possible that they
took a regular Kenner Stormtrooper (either the new ones or the old ones) cut
off the head and hollowed out a hole small enough to stick a "minifig neck"
through, but they did not use the removable helmets.

As a side note, it was not my idea to use the Kenner helmet in the first place,
I saw it on a website over a year ago.  I don't remember the name of the
gentleman who came up with it.  I did, however, make a Darth Vader minifig
using a hollowed out Kenner Vader head.  Though I did it with a common minifig,
I do consider this a viable option for making minifigs of rare characters we'll
most likely never see in minifig form from lego (eg: Gammorean Guards.)  Even
though the heads are a little too big, it's easy to do and is certainly less
expensive and time consuming than molding your own plastics.

-Bryan
http://members.xoom.com/Hobartrus/lego/sw/

In lugnet.starwars, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:

I could have sworn someone mentioned that these were from the Kenner
Stormtroopers action figures (The helmets). Does anyone remember this?

Scott S.
--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com