 Star Wars / 6923
Re: When do we get these?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:31:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ayumi Hayase writes:
I'll show you just what I know about models at the exhibition.
Please see below.
(dissappointed news for us?)

(1)LEGO-company's official products
- X-wing ,Y-wing ,Vador's TIE ,Speederbike ,Land speeder ,Snow speeder

(2)designed & built by Mr.Fujita(one of the most famous Japanese LEGO fan)
- Millenium falcon
- Star destoroyer
- Imperial shuttle

(3)designed & built by LEGO-Japan-company's modeler
  (these are only for the sales promotion but NOT for pre-production)
- AT-AT ,AT-ST ,normal TIE
- customized Minifigs(3PO ,Jawas ,Chewie ,Stormtroopers)
   ..I don't know relations to this year's new minifigs(in the falcon).
     But I heard LEGO-Japan-company had no R&D section, I seem these
     minifigs are hand-made by him for only exhibition.
- diorama base ,buildings & other accessories

(4)not clear for me
- real scale models(Vador ,R2 ,Yoda)
    ...from Billund or U.S ??

#Ayumi Hayase

I guess you could be right about those on display.

I personally would like the Stormtroopers to have see thru helmets with visors
printed on the yellow head like in the biker scouts.

The Lego Truck Exhibition did come to Singapore several months back, but I sure
didn't see any Stormtroopers. There was an excellent model of the AT-AT tho.
Sorry I didn't have the opportunity to snap any photographs....