 Star Wars / 6274
Re: When do we get these?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 17:48:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ayumi Hayase writes:

I'll show you just what I know about models at the exhibition.

Thank you!  Curiosity was killing me.

Please see below.
(dissappointed news for us?)

Perhaps, but perhaps not (see below).

(2)designed & built by Mr.Fujita(one of the most famous Japanese LEGO fan)
- Millenium falcon
- Star destoroyer
- Imperial shuttle

Wow!  I am especially impressed by his Star Destroyer.  I was certain that was
build by Lego (not as pre-production, but as a promotional model).  I have seen
Mr. Fujita's website, but the number of pieces alone in the model is surprising
for a fan.

(3)designed & built by LEGO-Japan-company's modeler
  (these are only for the sales promotion but NOT for pre-production)
- AT-AT ,AT-ST ,normal TIE
- customized Minifigs(3PO ,Jawas ,Chewie ,Stormtroopers)
   ..I don't know relations to this year's new minifigs(in the falcon).
     But I heard LEGO-Japan-company had no R&D section, I seem these
     minifigs are hand-made by him for only exhibition.
- diorama base ,buildings & other accessories

Hmmm.  This is why I am not sure if we are to be dissapointed or not:  I think
that the head for C-3PO in these pictures

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/hayase/lego/maniax/tatoo2.jpeg

http://member.nifty.ne.jp/hayase/lego/maniax/tatoo1.jpeg

Appears to me to be the head of the C-3PO in the Millenium Falcon set!  Perhaps
the Stormtrooper helmets are very early production for a set coming out in the
next year's assortment?

(4)not clear for me
- real scale models(Vador ,R2 ,Yoda)
    ...from Billund or U.S ??

I have seen other pictures of real-scale models of Vader and R2-D2, and they
look very much like these, so I think you are correct, these come from the Lego
Model Shops.

Thank you again for the page and for the extra information!

eric