 Star Wars / 6634
6633  |  6635
Subject:
MTT OUT IN GERMANY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:12:50 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Okay, I am toooo busy for anything, but I just got this e-mail from a friend
and it should be interesting for you:
Stefan Eilert can't post to lugnet right now, so here's the message from
him:

Hi!
Long time reader, first time poster - but today I managed to grab the
LEGO MTT here in my local Toys'r'us!!! I was reading the newspaper this
morning when I saw a small ad for the Episode I video (I want the DVD,
Mr. Lucas!!!) and next to it was the LEGO MTT with a small 'Toys'r'us
exclusive' sign. After my lectures I drove to Toys and after a few
minutes search (they hid it in the most remote corner of the store) I
found and bought it (quite hefty 100.-DM, equals a little under 50.-USD)
and even got a free Darth Maul keychain with it (because the Episode I
video was released today, they had a 'buy LEGO Star Wars and get the
keychain for free' promotion), cool!
There was a LEGO Van outside the store, but I couldn't see anybody,
maybe he just delivered the MTT or so. It would be cool to talk to some
LEGO guy to get some news.
I wasn't a big fan of the MTT after I saw the photos, but as I opened
the box I was amazed: slope heaven, brick bonanza and plate buffet all
in one! This thing is very big (a little bit shorter than the Sith
Infiltrator, but much, much, much bulkier). If features (as expected)
seven droids - one driver and six soldiers.
The model has two parts: The front holds the battle droid storage and a
nice cockpit above it (the window is a 2x1 trans clear brick - I didn't
noticed it on the pictures, so I was wondering where the driver would
sit). You can seperate the latter part and open it to reveal a nice
command centre thingie with a big stoarge room - they could have easily
included a small tank to put in there, it's a little bit empty in there
now :-)
For all those who are wondering what the brown hatches (upper part of
the back part) reveal - there are some guns hidden behind them.
The comic is quite nice too and there is one very cool looking
alternative model (a sub that look a little bit like a lobster).
The patchwork-color-look is still a bit strange, but I think all in
brown would lessen the kits brick-reuseablity ;-) So you get a lot of
tan pieces, too.
All in all I would say 8/10. From the photos I only would give 5/10 or
even less, but due to it's size and great playability, I was quite
impressed.
Have fun,
Stefan

--