 Star Wars / 5871
  Check this out...

(URL) know the origin? EC (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

(...) Looks like a mock-up or a fan-made item. -corrugated cardboard showing. -the bricks have tell-tale play-marks and scratches on them -why would LEGO make a Star Wars set with a block that has the LEGO logo printed on it (or a sticker, for that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

(...) Back up a little in the site and you'll see what it is: an invite by Lego to the NY toy fair... (URL) Mike (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

Allow me to point you to (URL) The very top of the page explains it. Also, (URL) the Toy Fair invitation for 2000. Joel (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

(...) I looked at the rebelscum site as well. Still doesn't answer my questions about the scratched bricks. Why would LEGO send out promotional items with scratched bricks? Low class, man! Also, wouldn't they send out a box of loose bricks with (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes: [...] (...) Hmmm... maybe I'm not seeing the same thing you are, but most of the problems I see with the bricks are fingerprints and smudges, probably from overzealous handling by a fan. :-) (...) 'Cause (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

(...) Maybe :^) I just take any and all Star Wars information with a block of salt nowdays. The internet has come up with some pretty wild rumors in the last year, so I scrutinize everything now. I'm still skeptical. ~Mark (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

(...) Well, the name checks out, but the address differs... hmmmm... ;-) (URL) Mike (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: Check this out...

I have one of last years invite (the Star Wars one, which also used to play a little of the SW theme until the mechanism broke) and I have two of the new Soccer ones (which play a cheering crowd, but one of them also seems to have broke - apparently (...) (25 years ago, 7-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

"Mark Sandlin" <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:FpL15p.KxH@lugnet.com... (...) nowdays. (...) I (...) That item was covered a long time ago... I'll stop there. It was a promo that was sent out to promote the Lego Star Wars line. Several (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Check this out...

(...) Well, I see that other LUGNET folks are verifying it as well. so that's fine. I wasn't trying to rain on anyone's parade, I'm just tired of all the bootleg stuff that pops up all the time. I'm sure you guys know what I mean. Cheers, ~Mark (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.starwars)