 Star Wars / 5595
Re: Clone wars (Was: A-Wing Review)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 03:02:32 GMT

Kevin kwan wrote:
In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Johnston writes:
Kevin kwan wrote:
Luke Skywalker...Jedi Clone.
(why do I have 3 Lukes?  Every 1999 SW classic set seems to come with a
Luke...maybe the lugnet folks can do a parody of the "Clone wars" in which • all
the Lukes fought each other)

I dunno why everybody complains about this.  I'd rather have:

Tattooine Luke
Pilot Luke
Jedi Luke
Endor Luke

2 pilot Lukes...The one from the Snowspeeder and the one on the X-Wing...You
have both, right?

Yeah, I mention that later on.  Patience, young Jedi.

But seriously, same character, different look...I rather have an unsung Rebel
soldier

...which is easy to do with head-swapping.  And the Luke face is really pretty
generic - it could be used in any other theme, really.  And the 'different look'
is entirely my point - I'd rather have 5 *different* Lukes than 5 identical Qui-
Gons.  I like the fact that they have a bunch of Lukes.  Variety is good.

This is my major beef with several themes, not just SW.  Adventurers, for
example. How many Professors do I really need?  Or Johnny Thunders?  (I'll take
plenty of Gail Storms, though, her head is nice.)

Oh by the way, how much Speedertrooper sets are you supposed to buy to stage
that "Welcome the Emperor" scene in Return of the Jedi?  16?  32?  Can't they
just sell SW character sets like they used to for the townpeople?

Rumor had it that there was going to be a SW figure pack.  This was the same
rumor that told of the MF and the Slave One, so it's 2 for 3 so far.  We can only
hope that it was completely accurate...

Hmmmm....Does the Bespin Luke have a new helmet with the green visor?

Um, no, he has blond hair.  Luke doesn't go around wearing a helmet in that
part of ESB.  (And I was wrong, I used a Luke head from a spare Landspeeder,
not a Pilot Luke head, on the mechanic body. My bad.)

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m