 Star Wars / 5491
  Re: Help for hard to find sets

Welcome Andrew! (...) Which is why all my auction listings give the source, and further, credit Lugnet and suggest that people learn to use it. If all of the folks who frequent this newsgroup and sold stuff on eBay did the same it would cut into the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Help for hard to find sets

I'm a new AFOL to lugnet. I've been noticing the high prices that some people are paying on auctions for brand new Star Wars sets. Are there a lot of areas where the sets are in short supply? The local Wal-Mart & Zellers stores have a lot of Lego. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

(...) a (...) Andrew, Welcome to LUGNET. It really is confusing as to why people will bid so much on a set that you can just go out a get for less. I don't think you are going to find any of those people here on LUGNET though. For the most part we (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

(...) Time and time again I place FS postings on both LUGNet and RTL and get zero responses. I'll then put the same item on EBAY, only to have a LUGNet/RTL regular buy +20% over my FS price. MAD! In the UK we have a phase : "You can take a horse to (...) (24 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

(...) Some of that is people who don't read the marketplace newsgroups. Another part may be people who figure that anything that's posted in FS is gone by the time they get there (this is a bad assumption to make, about the first deal I participated (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Help for hard to find sets

I recently found a great buy on Yahoo, all 13 1999 star wars sets for 219 bucks plus 15 for 2 day shipping, about a 100 bucks off of retail. "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message (...) zero (...) regular (...) Some of that is people (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.market.theory)