 Star Wars / 5401
  Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

I know that the Milennium Falcon is due out in July but, this is an idea so we can have an offical set that is to "scale" and is more appealing to both the Star Wars and the LEGO collecter! This idea is not only limited to the MF, but, can be used (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

(...) try! (...) How about just put the instrunctions in an idea book using pieces from the other star wars sets. Jimmy (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

[snip] (...) The problem would be that this idea book would only contain instructions for this one model :) and it would already be a large booklet. I expect the Ultimate Collector Series Instruction booklets to have at least 150 pages, a large (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

(...) I was thinking they could do maybe a break up of the MF. Say a section or two at a time? Scott S. (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

(...) I like the idea, but I think the main problem are the developing costs. TLC have to design the model first, "ldraw" it and publish it in printable form. I don´t think many kids will have enough Lego to model a ship in that dimension, so this (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

(...) That makes me wonder, is there an archive of fan created instructions? Jimmy (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

James Beerman <jtbeerm@ibm.net> wrote in message news:Fo8rCx.GM7@lugnet.com... (...) Lugnet.cad.dat and lugnet.cad.dat.models serve as archives of fan created ldraw files, from which instructions can be generated. -John Van (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Idea for LARGE Star Wars sets

(...) I think it would be a fantastic idea if a few of the more talented LDRAWers got together, chose sections and LDRAWed the whole thing -- then published it. F (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)