 Star Wars / 5285
Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 07:03:16 GMT

Your review is right on and I couldn't second it more cheerfully.

This is the only 2000 set I dared buy right away. I like all the green of
course. Also, it is the second set (after the Tattoine speeder) to have a wide
2-seat base, though not so innovative as the first speeder was with its thin
walls and half-stud positioning.

Green vehicle parts are not too common! Aquazone provided "headlight bricks" and
many small plates, and 4x5 wheel wells have come out (also one 2x4 wheel cover
in Railway Express?) Now this speeder provides a 1x4 hinge plate for a roof (but
not a 4x4 hinge plate in green, so the dk.gray component will have to do.) The
green "half rounded 1x1x1.3 with plate" will help make interesting car hoods. I
don't have a use for 2x3 skew bricks yet, but I'm thinking. One of my favorite
compact car types uses the skew angle in plate form (3x4 notched, tapered plate)
and I wish I had some of that in green.

(see the car hood in http://www.inch.com/~olsone/ponte/ponte.html for what I
mean)

So what about the 1x1 tiles? Maybe they're Naboo license plates? EZ Pass for
bridges and tunnels?

That impossible Fat Frog of green slopes is getting closer to reality, with this
and Boba Fett's Slave I on the market.

The laser cannon sure is positioned dumb.