 Star Wars / 5281
Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 01:54:57 GMT

In lugnet.reviews, Eric Kingsley writes:
The Undeniable:

Set: 7124 - Gungan Patrol
Theme: Star Wars (Episode I)
Pieces: 105
Figs: 1
MSRP: $9.99
Part to $ ratio: 1:$.105

Correction

Part to $ ratio: 1:$.095

The Good:
Lots of Green Plates and Tiles
Classic Smiley
Brown Hands on fig
3 2x4 Brown Bricks
2 2x4 Brown Slopes
10 2x2 inverted DkGray Slopes

The Bad:
None other than...
No Stormtroopers (Standard "Bad" until I see one)

The Huh?:
Although they are cool what are those 1x1 printed green tiles supposed to be?

Model Rating:  8
Part Selection:  9

The Explination:

I also rank this set high among all LEGO System Sets and while I usually don't
rank the Episode I sets with the Classic Sets I put the Flash Speeder right up
with the Classic Sets.

If you like Green and Brown you will love this set for parts.  I expect I will
get a couple when the go on sale.  The fig is very cool and very generic.  A
classic smiley Yippi!!  Also unlike 7110 - Landspeeder this set includes parts
to make it appear to hover.

Once again this is a solid well thought out set that we have come to expect
from the Star Wars Sets.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/