 Star Wars / 5344
Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:26:16 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

Also unlike 7110 - Landspeeder this set includes parts
to make it appear to hover.

This reminds me of the mirror trick used in "Star Wars".  In a couple of shots,
to make the landspeeder appear appear to hover a mirrored skirt was placed around
the supporting structure below the chassis, hiding the wheels and reflecting the
surrounding ground plane.

Try putting your lego landspeeder up on a layer of silver bricks and see what it
looks like.  From certain angles it oughta be rather convincing.

-Pete