 Star Wars / 4968
  [Slightly of topic] Why?

Can someone tell me why I live in the Netherlands? I would like to have them 2000 sets aswel... Perhaps I should go shopping for one day in New York or something. That is what some fellow Dutchmen did: fly from Amsterdam to New York, do some X-mas (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) No (...) Not sick, probably sound ecomomic sense. Here in the UK at this time of year flights to the US are very cheap, I assume its the same in Holland. They are often around the £200 GBP mark There always seems to be some newspaper article (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) Every fall we in Newfoundland get descended upon by a group of Icelanders for a couple of days, for just that purpose, Christmas shopping. There's even a tour company over there that arranges it. We know they're here because of all the (...) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) Not this year...My brother's been trying to get home from Prague for Christmas, and hasn't been able to get any prices that even resemble reasonable. But airlines aren't gouging people because of the Y2K thing, honest. :/ James (URL) (25 years ago, 15-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

Jaco van der Molen wrote in message ... (...) Because we have LEGO trains in every toy store. Eric Brok (Actually I can think of many more LEGO-related reasons to be in the US too - think of Gray brick packs, plate spare packs, regular sales and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) I think I could wait a little longer for my Lego if I was over there where some things are legal... Chris (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) Sorry Jaco. :( But if it's any consolation, I'll be joining you over in the United Provinces come August. We can go to Amsterdam and cry over our Things That Aren't Illegal™. (Actually, I'll be living in Leiden. My Dutch is criminally bad, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) That's a darn fine reason, too! I was in LEGO heaven over in the Netherlands last summer--I didn't even miss not having the "latest and greatest" sets, because there was just SO MUCH available, and much of it was far cheaper than here. The (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:28:03 GMT, Lawrence Wilkes uttered the following profundities... (...) Visit (URL) and you could probably shave a considerable amount off of that fare.... I don't know if they are still available, but the fare, purchased (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

(...) NYC is doing away with sales tax for clothing items under, I think, $150. It's a real step forward IMHO--that 8.5-12% was too onerous. The tax-free days usually don't apply to toys and so forth, only to clothing and consumables. (...) Virgin (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 02:01:09 GMT, Mr L F Braun uttered the following profundities... (...) Was unaware of that, useful info! Thanks! (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)