 Star Wars / 4970
Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 14:28:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Can someone tell me why I live in the Netherlands?
I would like to have them 2000 sets aswel...

No

Perhaps I should go shopping for one day in New York or something. That is
what some fellow Dutchmen did: fly from Amsterdam to New York, do some X-mas
shopping and fly back... in 24 hrs!!! Sick... I saw it on the news here in
Holland.

Not sick, probably sound ecomomic sense.
Here in the UK at this time of year flights to the US are very cheap, I assume
its the same in Holland. They are often around the £200 GBP mark
There always seems to be some newspaper article about now showing how due to
the lower prices in the US, the flight can be self funding, i.e. you save more
money on your purchases than the flight cost.

So, who's sick? The guy who did something about it, or us for just talking
about it!

Its quite common to do this. Even better if you are a frequent flyer on
British Airways as they reduce the number of miles you need to give up for a
ticket by a very nice 75%

regards
lawrence