 Star Wars / 4156
Re: Regarding latest outerrim pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 03:30:39 GMT

One thing that struck me was that the models were all photographed in a
manner similar to the late 70's/early 80's catalogs. I wouldn't be surprised
if the scans are from some promotional material Lego produced to show buyers
what they had in store for 2000.

Obviously the Outer Rim doesn't know everything about the Lego sets as they
label the Tie Fighter and X-Wing as 'Technic' when it's pretty obvious that
the sets are for the Model Team line.

----------
In article <FK3774.HME@lugnet.com>, "Jason Fabisch" <jfabisch@alphawire.com>
wrote:

I think those are prototype pictures.  The giveaway is the Destroyer Droid.
We have all seen what it is going to look like, however the recent picture at
Outerrim of the Destroyer Droid is VERY VERY different from the confirmed
looking set.  The Outerrim pic has lots more brown, no shield generators, no
hoses, different head, different upper torso, different leg construction,
etc...  The confirmed pic which shows 8000-8002 on the same page looks much
fuller and more robust. I an going with the prayer that those are prototype
pics and are subject to change.\

Jason F.