 Star Wars / 4198
Re: Regarding latest outerrim pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:43:23 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jason Fabisch writes:
I think those are prototype pictures.  The giveaway is the Destroyer Droid.
We have all seen what it is going to look like, however the recent picture at
Outerrim of the Destroyer Droid is VERY VERY different from the confirmed
looking set.  The Outerrim pic has lots more brown, no shield generators, no
hoses, different head, different upper torso, different leg construction,
etc...  The confirmed pic which shows 8000-8002 on the same page looks much
fuller and more robust. I an going with the prayer that those are prototype
pics and are subject to change.\

Jason F.

My thoughts exactly.  I believe these pictures are similar to the X-Wing we saw
last year.  I feel the main designs will stay basically the same, but printing,
colors and minor changes will take place.  Here are my thoughts on each set:

7155 AAT - Does this vehicle have a windshield?  I ask because this set has a
'minifig dress' piece, and I'm hoping it'll be clear in the final release.  :)
Now, it does have printing, and therefore may be a final release.  If so, at
least we'll get light blue pieces!  I do think the final design will be similar
to this, though.

7184 MTT - Again, no printing.  I also hope the red changes, as I don't remeber
the vehicle from the movie being very red at all.  Interesting pieces, though.
Red A-Wing canopies, black 3x6x2.3 Cylinder blocks, and possibly a number of
2x2x3 corner slopes (75 degrees)!  Looking at it again, the front opening panel
is a red TIE canopy.  This is waaay to small.

7190 Millenium Falcon - No printing, the Canopy may be solid black.  Very
likely a prototype.  I think the design is decent, and will be a huge boon to
those trying to increase their stock of gray pieces.  I kinda hope the saucer
sections will not have printing, so that they can be used elsewhere.  There is
a good chance the cockpit can hold two people side-by-side, and possibly two
more behind that.

7191 "Technic" (Model Team) X-Wing - I see hardly any Technic pieces, so I'd
say this is a Model Team Set.  Lego is not stupid enough to call this a Technic
set.  Anyways, since this appears to be the same model as that posted on
Simon's (Carbon 60) site, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that we'll get a
Jawa Sandcrawler in 2001.  I can hope, can't I?  :)

7181 "Technic" (Model Team) TIE Interceptor - Not much to say, other than "Why
are these in the 71xx series?"  I'd guess they won't "officially" be Model
Team.

Not much to say about the other sets that hasn't been said except for...
7115 Gungan Patrol - Hey look!  Brown Kaadus and spears!  Could this be...
(*gasp*)  A prototype!?!?  :)  Oh, and the black shield with no printing.

Jeff
"I saw you smiling at me
Was it real, or just my fantasy?"