 Star Wars / 3889
Re: 2000 SW Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:35:48 GMT

James Simpson <jsimpson@rice.edu> wrote in message
news:FJnKLK.BEu@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.starwars, John VanZwieten writes:
This was posted to RTL by Martin:

Today I managed to buy the new Technic Battle Droid (8001) from Toymaster • in
Leicester for £20.00
The model is smart and there are also building instructions for an AT-ST
too.  The Battle Droid curls up just like the movies and unfolds with a
click of a button.  It can also draw it's gun from the back pack too!!
Inside the box I also found a small insert with pictures of some new Star
Wars Lego coming out next year.  This includes :

Technic Pit Droid (8000)
Technic Destroyer Droid (8002)
Slave I with Carbon frozen Han Solo (7144)
Two Kaadus with Gungan riders (7115)

Best Regards

Are the Kaddus made primarily from bricks, rather than large special pieces
(like the Rock Raiders creature?)  Based on the insert, can you estimate a
possible piece count for the Slave I and the Kaadus?

I haven't seen the pics myself, but that won't stop me from making some wild
guesses.

I can estimate the number of pieces for the B-Wing at about 190.  This puts it
right between the Naboo Fighter at 174 and the Snowspeeder at 220.  So unless
it comes in a set with another big model, I'd say that's our $19.99 classic
set.

Given the 7115 number for the Kaadus set, it's probably 50-60 pieces and $5.99
price.  Note that still leaves 7112, 7113 and 7114 open.  At 7144, the Slave 1
probably comes in at the $29.99 price level with 240-260 pieces.  Again, 7142
and 7143 are still open.

Anyone care to guess at the Millenium Falcon's number?  7190?

Tatooine Skiff--could this be done with 80-90 pieces at $9.99?
A-Wing Fighter--I'd imaging this would be about the same size as the B-wing.
Maybe they're packaged together at $49.99?  Or even better would be a TIE
fighter packaged with the A-Wing, it would be a pretty natural fit.

AAT--is this $29.99 material?
MTT--Done to halfway decent scale, this should be huge and expensive.  If it
comes with enough battle droids, I'd pay $89.99 for it.

-John Van