 Star Wars / 3483
Re: Sebulba
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:07:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Fraser Lovatt writes:
I've simmered with resentment at this for a while now, whilst tinkering with
the Pod Race set last night I couldn't contain myself any longer -- the
Sebulba figure is *terrible*.  How could TLG do this?  I know he's a diffucult
figure to model, but some articulation would have been nice or even a
different colour.  Yuck!!!  At least they tried with Gasgano and the Pit
Droids are quite inventive.

Is there anybody out there who actually thinks he's any good?

I agree with you totally but at least you don't end up with 1 in ever set (Not
quite but it seems like it) like you do with Jar Jar.  I can't stand Jar Jar's
head for most of the same reasons that the Sebulba fig is awful (Lack of color
etc.) .  I like his torso and legs though.

Come to think of it, I can't bear the R2 units' feet either.

I somewhat agree with you here but I just don't know how else they could have
done it and kept him compatable with LEGO bricks.  I mean a 1x1 foot would have
been to small and although the 1x2 foot is a bit large I think it was the best
compromise when it comes to LEGO dimensions.  What bothered me more was the R2
heads.  The design leave them with a big white collar.  Also the fact that that
the call the red unit R5-D4 irks me because the real R5-D4 had more of a cone
shaped head.  They should have just given him a generic #.

Eric

Remember to remove ".nospam" when replying by E-mail.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/