 Star Wars / 32
Re: fan of both, hoping for the best
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 16:49:02 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

Then the next time they were in a similar situation they would 'forget'
the technology that they'd already invented in previous episodes, almost
croak it again and at the last minute be saved by more implausable
techno-babble.

You're just saying that because it's true! ;-)

I like both ST and SW. And each has its flaws. I like them both because they are
so different.

I just chucked a page worth of post giving inconsistencies on both sides, but it
was needless. The only reason I know more about ST is because it was on tv for
so long before SW was released on video. And I think that had much to do with
shaping their universes. ST is rougly ten years older, and SW was not designed
for the small screen. Eventually ST came to the big screen, but the stage had
already been set, and it does remain primarily a small screen show.

Apples and oranges, but both are tasty fruit.

--
From Tom McDonald
Anti-spam block in place.

--