 Star Wars / 3179
Re: Picture of my Podracer!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:33:07 GMT

Terry K <legoverse@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:37735cf2.5316823@lugnet.com...
On Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:30:34 GMT, Fredrik Glöckner
<fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote:

legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) writes:

I believe this is the first use I've seen of Onyx's new rubber tires.

I have used the 20x30 wheels a lot, and I have scaled down the 49.6x28VR
wheels to use them as 30.4x14VR.

But I did not write this to plug my own site, as usual.  I'd just like
to say that when raytracing the rubber tyres, it probably makes sense to
alter the POV-Ray source so that the surface of the rubber is less
glossy.  I haven't done this myself yet, but I figure one can alter the
"phong" keyword in the source.

Your right there.  The rubber does need to be tweaked a little to look less
plasticky.

Perhaps color 256 (black dithered with black) could be used for rubber, with
L3P substituting a more rubbery surface.

-John Van