 Star Wars / 3144
Re: Picture of my Podracer!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:30:34 GMT

legoverse@geocities.com (Terry K) writes:

I believe this is the first use I've seen of Onyx's new rubber tires.

I have used the 20x30 wheels a lot, and I have scaled down the 49.6x28VR
wheels to use them as 30.4x14VR.

But I did not write this to plug my own site, as usual.  I'd just like
to say that when raytracing the rubber tyres, it probably makes sense to
alter the POV-Ray source so that the surface of the rubber is less
glossy.  I haven't done this myself yet, but I figure one can alter the
"phong" keyword in the source.

Oh, and the pod-racer looks great, Ryan!  But I feel that the Technic
plates make it look a bit tacky.  Perhaps you can try to use some of the
rounded Technic elements in stead?  I'm thinking of the crossblocks,
connectors, halfbeams, and so on.  Just a thought.

And I need to learn how to make those hoses myself one day...

Fredrik
--
http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/