 Star Wars / 2921
Re: Help with 7151 Sith Infiltrator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:04:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Berry writes:

Alan and everyone else,

First of all, is $19.99 the regular price of the Sith Infiltrator at Target,
or was it a mistake?  If it wasn't a mistake, I'm going back to TRU to ask
for the $19.99 price (for their price-match guarantee).

I happened upon one Target (5 minutes from my house) that had the set marked
for $19.99 on both shelf tag and scanner, so I did not hesitate to buy two.
:-)  I wasn't planning on buying any of this set until I came across that
price.  My idea of what happened is that this Target mispriced the set due to
the flurry of influx of SW items and SW Legos.  Although perhaps they just had
their own price.  They also had a lower price than $89.99 for the Mos Espa Pod
Race set (of which I bought three), and this is also a set I wasn't about to
buy at the normal retail.  There are 4-5 Targets in my area, and I went to
only one other to verify that they had the Sith Infiltrator for $29.99 and
also the Pod Race for $89.99.  I assume all the other Targets also have those
prices, but I am not sure; the other three stores are out of the way for me.

This raises an ethical issue of whether I should have informed the Target that
their prices for two of the sets were lower than other Targets and also other
retailers.  They also had the Anakin PodRacer for $14.99 but I think that is
the regular retail price, and they had another SW set for $17.99 but I do not
recall the set number and that space was bare.  The other SW sets they had
were priced "normally."

Alan C