 Star Wars / 2722
Re: rights to SW pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 03:56:23 GMT

Kevin B wrote:

Jonathan <piano254@aol.com> wrote in message news:FCoC6r.DIo@lugnet.com...
A couple of months ago, there was some string going around about who owned • the
rights to the SW lego pieces. I happened to be checking out Ben Rogers' SW • lego
sight and he had some really nice scans of the club magazine that's • released in
the UK. Well, down at the bottom of one of the pages, in really tiny type • it
says "Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. All Star Wars elements are
property of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or Lucas licensing Ltd."  I still have no • idea
which elements would be included in this, since obviously the basic • bricks,
etc. wouldn't be. Then there are the obvious ones that would be (like the • front
of the TIE fighter). Anyway . . . just thought I'd post this. I wasn't • sure if
it was ever settled last time.
-Jonathan

I was always under the impression that 'Star Wars elements' would mean such
things as the logo, names and possibly the clothing designs.  An element is not
neccasarily a physical object, merely an idea or design.

If you look more carefully you will see a statement that says something like
'The LEGO trademark and mini-figures are the property of The Lego Group"