 Star Wars / 2713
Re: rights to SW pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 00:53:20 GMT

Jonathan <piano254@aol.com> wrote in message news:FCoC6r.DIo@lugnet.com...
A couple of months ago, there was some string going around about who owned • the
rights to the SW lego pieces. I happened to be checking out Ben Rogers' SW • lego
sight and he had some really nice scans of the club magazine that's • released in
the UK. Well, down at the bottom of one of the pages, in really tiny type • it
says "Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM. All rights reserved. All Star Wars elements are
property of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or Lucas licensing Ltd."  I still have no • idea
which elements would be included in this, since obviously the basic • bricks,
etc. wouldn't be. Then there are the obvious ones that would be (like the • front
of the TIE fighter). Anyway . . . just thought I'd post this. I wasn't • sure if
it was ever settled last time.
-Jonathan

"All Star Wars elements are property of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or Lucas
licensing Ltd"

There ya go.  That right there tells you that only the SW SPECIFIC elements
(eg. Tile with Alliance/Empire Logos, Speeder Bike Trooper minis,
OWK/Luke/R2D2/JJB  minis, TIE/Gungan Sub/Naboo Fighter canopies, etc) are C
Lucasfilm.

That more than likely means that these pieces will ONLY be available in Star
Wars Sets.