 Star Wars / 2582
  Re: Build your own R2!

(...) At first I thought this too, but as long as LEGO keeps making the RCX with 3 inputs and outputs then a smaller one may be a good idea. A smaller less exspensive computer may be able to do things its bigger brother cannot. For example, people (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Build your own R2!

Thanks, for the correction. I went to the Mindstorms site accesible from the LEGO catalogue site and I did not see the RCX brick listed by itself; however, the extra sensors were there. (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Build your own R2!

(...) OK, I thought you meant the input count, but I do remember reading the behavior thing....but I thought I read that statement associated with the remote control; that is, the remote control could activate the progamed behaviors. You are right (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Build your own R2!

(...) them (...) Lego World Shop at home sells them for 129.99 each. This can be found at the mindstorm website. Contact me if you can't find it. I was able to order the remote control. Temp and rotation sensors are available also for 20-25 (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  RCX from Pitsco

(...) RCX Brick: Item # N979709 - $120 (plus S&H) Pitsco: 1-800-362-4308 John (of course, drop the ".nospam" to reply...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Build your own R2!

(...) When I wrote "dumbed-down", I didn't mean smaller. From the published information, it's not clear, but it's possible the mini-scout will not be programmable. Instead, it will be preprogrammed with 7 "behaviours" which can be initiated. Search (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)