 Star Wars / 2564
Re: Episode I Mini-Figs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 03:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Charles Spindell writes:
I was a bit annoyed with the number of Jar Jar Binks mini-figs, especially
since he is so annoying- I have about 10 of him from all of the sets I have
purchased.  But with the large number of Jar Jar Binks, I decided to make a
Gungan army to combat all of my battle droids.

Also, someone suggested using the head of a Biker Scout and the rest of the
Darth Maul mini-fig to make a Darth Sidious.  I tried it and also gave Darth
Sidious yellow hands and he looks excellent.

I also picked up some of the 6079 Frontier Patrol for the mini-figs.  With the
large number of blue torsos and legs, I can make the Chancellor guards seen at
the end of the film.  Does anyone know of a safe way to erase the paint on
mini-figs?

I've had my best luck using a plain old pencil eraser. With masking tape
applied in the right places, I've even managed to erase those annoying glasses
off the heads of minifigs, leaving their other facial features intact. I'll
have to give that Royal Guards thing a try. What did you use for helmets?

Brent Curtis