 Star Wars / 2524
  Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)

(...) And nobody said "it's our only hope". (...) I *hated* the bit with the sand people. It was *so* corny. The idea that the sand people would be considered a "road hazard" is fine, but the announcer's patter was awful. Was there any point to the (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)

In lugnet.starwars, Steve Bliss writes: snip (...) Yes he did start the race. He bit the head off of one of his delicacies and spat is out at a gong which in turn got the race started. Eric (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)

(...) As a matter of fact, Jabba fell asleep and had to be woken up after the race was over. Was that other hutt in those scenes supposed to be female? She kind of had breasts. Was it supposed to be Jabbas woman? ROTJ led me to believe that Jabba (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)

(...) I liked that bit, but it was underdone. (...) Didn't notice one. (...) And there was a blue-haired humaniod, standing to Jabba's left, wearing a uniform similar to Leia's get-up. BTW, wasn't Jabba smaller in EP4/Special Edition? Does he change (...) (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)

(...) That would be my guess. I figure, with the clone wars coming up and all, the galaxy won't be as happy a place to live and he'll be screwed for a while (also explaining the weight loss). By Jedi, he'll have regained some power/wealth. (25 years ago, 26-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  (canceled)

  Re: Ep1 peeves (includes spoilers)

(...) I don't know if that's supposed to be Jabba's woman, but her name is Gardulla the Hutt. She owned Anakin and Shmi Skywalker before losing them to Watto. I'd be willing to bet they aren't romatically linked (ewww) but rather have some sort of (...) (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)