 Star Wars / 2521
Re: Yet another EP1 nitpick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 11:22:24 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Richard Hrynyszyn writes:

    Okay, but right after Watto says that, doesn't he say something along
the lines of: I'm a (XXX), jedi powers don't work on me, only money.  XXX
being whatever race he is which i can't recall.

For the record, Toydarian.

I have to say, the wording in that scene leaves me a little confused, too.  Why
would he embellish about mind tricks not working on him, *unless* he thought
Qui-Gon was a Jedi?  But if he thought Qui-GOn was a Jedi, what's the deal with
the fortune cube thing and the danged "Somehow you knew he was going to win!"
thing?  Why would either of those surprise him if he really thought Q-G was a
Jedi?

eric