 Star Wars / 2371
Re: Master Grade Lego Models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 13:45:34 GMT

I have probably ten times that amount of lego overall, but my supply of grey
is sadly depleted.  In fact, I had to salvage all my new starwars lego,
including my favorite, the sith infiltrator.  If it wasn't for all the new
starwars legos, I would never have had enough pieces to do the wings, as it
was, I had to cheat, most of the inside of the wings are all kinds of
different colors (cleverly hidden dont you think?).

As to where I got my legos, well, in the last 4 or 5 months, I've aquired
two large sums, one from a garage sale (cheap!), and one from a guy who was
selling off his collection (60 lbs! not so cheap:(  ).  I got in touch with
him after buying a few models from him off ebay.  Plus, I've been buying
quite a few sets.  I purchased 3 of the 8880 supercars, and a bunch of the
new starwars sets (I got 4 snow speeders and 3 x wings, plus at least one of
all the other good sets).  Before that, I didn't have that big a collection,
and I was always bummed because I couldn't make the models that I wanted.
Once I decided to just go all out, now I have the liberty to build whatever
I can think up (man that's great).  The only problem of course is when you
build an awesome model, you don't want to tear it down, but you need the
legos back to start your next big project.

I'm working on building a lego Database in 3d studio max, which I plan to
use to make instructions for all the models I build.

-Dave Jr.