 Star Wars / 2232
Re: Just got back from...DEKA...Auckland, New Zealand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 22:46:58 GMT

Just picked up the following sets at Moore Wilson's Porirua

1) Snow Speeder for NZ$53.75
2) X Wing for NZ$89.75

The Y wing set is going for NZ$121.75 but I'll pick that up next week.  No sign
of the EP1 sets yet.

Forget Toyworld stores in the greater Wellington area.  Their high turnover means
that they now only have the newer sets.   Moore Wilson's Tory St sometimes have
older sets as they get old stock from other stores.  I picked up a truck load of
old town sets last year from them.

There's a Moore Wilson's in Masterton that may have some old stuff so it may pay
to check them out if you're in that area.  Also Toyworld in Coastlands
Paraparaumu sometimes has old stock as well.

I know Grahame Reid (who was working with the LEGO Roadshow) paid a visit to many
toy stores around NZ while on the road and picked up a handful of old sets, but
to be honest I think there's very few old sets lying around toy stores now.

You could try LEGO NZ though.  They may be able to ask their Reps to keep an eye
out for older sets.  Your chance of success though is still low unfortunately.

Sanjay

Ben Pegler wrote:

Damn - I was in Wellington recently but I only did the Toyworlds. Do you know
if any of those stores have any pirate or soldier stuff? Have you been out
around Masterton etc? If so are they any good?