 Star Wars / 2196
Re: Just got back from...DEKA...Auckland, New Zealand
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 01:33:05 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
Ben Pegler wrote in message ...
I just got back from the mid-night release of EP1 merchandise at the toy
department of one of our biggest retail chains here - DEKA. We all know • DEKA
right kids? It was quite cool, a bit of hype before hand and a • demonstration of
the new figures from Hasbro with their computer chips etc.
Considering I've only seen about 15 individual Classic sets in stores here, • it
was wicked to see all the new EP1 sets - I thought they might not be here • in
time! They had some pre-assembled in the foyer area - my initial impression • was
very positive - so that's cool. Very much 'pre-christmas' apprehension! • (There
was an X-wing that was apparently pre-assembled and glued in Denmark - with
it's cannons pointing backwards! Maybe that was a design consideration • after
all the trouble they had with Tie fighters blasting the Rebel craft from • behind
in the Death Star trenches...)

The only sets I've seen here in Wellington (Moore Wilsons's Tory St) are:
(and to be honest I've only been to one toy store in the last two weeks)

Landspeeder  NZ$ 17.95 / US$9.63
Speederbikes  NZ$ 23.95 / US$12.93

That's cheaper than I've seen them. Quite a few stores have the Landspeeder
only. DEKA's price - $19.95.

The Toy section of Deka Manners Street is a joke so I'll doubt I'll being
buying from them.

Sanjay
Being a Town Classic fan these SW sets are certainly a good shot in the arm
this year.

Sanjay

I think I'll probably get all the Classic sets before the EP1 - they rock!

Ben