 Star Wars / 2156
Re: Episode 1 Size Questions (for packing).
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 22:04:39 GMT

On Tue, 11 May 1999 20:25:17 GMT, Chris Ernest Hall uttered the following
profundities...
In lugnet.starwars, Richard Dee writes:
(1) Is it true that some Targets and Wal-Marts have restaurants?
I have a daily allowance of 25$ for dinner. Let's see, a burger
and Naboo fighter? Does a Wal-mart dinner come anywhere near
25$?? Would "71xx Naboo Swamp......$12.00" on a receipt look
like, or pass for, a Cajun meal? Hmmm......

Walmarts have McDonald's and Targets frequently have a combination Taco Bell/
Pizza Hut. You can get a full meal for about $5 from McDonald's, though I don't
envy you that diet. In general dining out is much cheaper in the states than it
is in the UK. (Times I've been in the UK I've found when dining out it's better
to pretend the exchange rate is 1 to 1, it makes ordering and eating much more
enjoyable).

The Naboo Swamp is $9.99 here, plus sales tax (which varies where you are in
the states, from 0 in New Hampshire to lots and lots in NYC).

Hope this helps,

chris

Don't really fancy fast food for meals generally. Occasionally
is ok, but prefer proper food. It would be fun to try and
pass a set off as a meal, though!
I will be in the Chicago area, which I believe is a 7% tax?
I can't really afford to buy much anyway.

"But these are SW sets!" said Darth Lego, "Resistance if futile!
Give in to your creative feelings, boy! I can feel the Lego
desire flowing through you."

"But you've spent a fortune on your credit card. You already
have 2 of the first lot. Be wise, save your money. Spend it
on something useful, such as food." said the Lego Jedi, extolling
the virtues of one's current collection.
-- Yes, I know that a Star Trek quote snuck in there.......
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/