 Star Wars / 2002
Re: An idea for an eps1 sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 8 May 1999 09:00:05 GMT

5399 Belville Accessories, Europe catalog.  Unfortunately, it doesn't look
like it has transpurple.

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.starwars, Tom Stangl writes:
Lorbaat wrote:

Ki-Adi Mundi.

ObLego: The action figure for him comes with a *purple* lightsaber.  The • first
time we've seen one that isn't green, blue, or red.  How should Lego do • this?
There isn't a trans-purple, is there?  Should they make one, or use trans-Dk
Blue?

I would ASSUME that George would nix anything BUT transpurple.

You'd think that, but Luke had a yellow 'saber from the original Star Wars
Kenner line through the very first release of him from Return of the Jedi
(which, for the record, had a *blue* 'saber, which they quickly replaced with
green).

Of course, one could argue that he has a *lot* more control now than then. :D

And I
believe there is some transpurple in a S@H parts pack now...the one with
the wands.  It may be Belville or Scala, I'm not sure, and can't check, as
lego.com seems to be down right now.

Hrm.  I'll have to check that out... strange that we've seen no bleedover into
System.

eric

--
Tom Stangl