 Star Wars / 1781
Re: 7141 Naboo Fighter comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 21:05:47 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote:
The fighter itself is pretty cool.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with
all those yellow bricks.  And the 'stand' underneath is very odd,
especially with the blue cannon sticking out of it.

The "stand" looked to me like an attempt to allow the fighter to "fly".

Two other problems with the fighter:

1. (Minor nit) The cockpit should be set farther back.
2. (Major flaw) What is *up* with that nose sticking out the front?  This
ship is supposed to have a clean line across the leading edge of wings.

I also collect the Micromachines Action sets, the Lego Naboo Fighter is
a pretty good rendition of the Micromachines one. The nose does stick
out a bit (perhaps not quite as extreme as the Lego). Overall,
it looks like TLG made a good attempt to replicate a very streamlined
shape. They also did a reasonable job of replicating the color scheme
(the front 1/3 of the engines should be grey along with the whole
leading edge).

Where have other pictures of the Naboo fighter been seen (I'm not much
of a media person so I haven't seen the preview clips)? Its possible
that the toys are based on prototype models (LF has fooled things before
- I remember seeing a presentation on the making of Empire Strikes Back
and they had some preview shots of Return of the Jedi, there was a scene
which looked like an Empire victory celebration which wasn't in the
film). This type of thing is not too hard to do, and also helps fool the
extras.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com