 Star Wars / 1782
1781  |  1783
Subject:
My Early Morning Shopping Experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 21:10:24 GMT

I arrived at 9:45, first person there.  I sat in the car for about fifteen
minutes until two Star Wars fans arrived.  I talked to them for about twenty
minutes before another person arrived.  A few more people arrived every 20
minutes or so until 11:15, when people showed up much more quickly.  In all,
there were probably 40-60 people total.  I had a great conversation with the
first six people, everyone was very nice and polite.  About ten minutes to
midnight, I brought out my B-Wing for one last presentation.  When I came back
from my car, all conversations just stopped!  ;)  Got Lots 'o compliments on
it!  ;)  Anyways, the TRU opened a little late, at 12:05.  I grabbed a cart and
followed my new friends to the Star Wars Stuff, and passed them up for the
Legos, of course!  They only had the Pod Race, the Droid Fighter, the
Lightsaber Duel, and the Gungan Sub.  Needless to say, I picked them all up,
but I was very unhappy.  Meanwhile, my friends were stuck in the small action
figure enclosure, handing out figs to everyone.  It was very civilized, and the
Employees stated how amazed they were that all the customers were so polite and
nice to each other!  No one purchased more than two of any item (except me,
who loaded up on the Lego ;) ).  I gave the two guys I met at the begining a
ride home, since theirs fell through.  I then checked my other nearby TRU, but
they had the same stuff as the previous one.  :(  By the time I got home, it
was 2 am, so I started building.  I fell asleep on the floor at about 4 am.  I
woke up at 6:30 to go to classes and stopped by a distant Target, and lo and
behold, but they have the Naboo Fighter, the Naboo Swamp, and the Sith
Infiltrator!  So I am now almost SW Complete!!

Jeff "I *can* function on two and a half hours sleep!" Stembel