 Star Wars / 1751
Re: Just got back from Wal-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 15:44:06 GMT

Between last night and this morning I have been to TRU, Walmart, Zainy Brainy
and KB Toys. The only one that had more than four of the new sets in stock was
KB and they had all the sets and in significant quantities.

In lugnet.starwars, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
I waited till this morning, I've been checking wal-mart and finally
called to make sure they would have the sets out at 6am this morning,
and they said yes :) So I was at the door at 5:30am waiting, just to be
sure..
There wasn't a big crowd around the lego, though they were going fast, I
saw guys walk out with arms full of lego.
Some people had left with what they could get their hands on, missing
out on those of us noticing there were still boxes on a shelf that
weren't opened, so this other guy and I had one of the workers open all
the boxes so we could see what was in there.  And there were 3 other
sets that weren't on the shelf, so we got those also!

Though this is what I was able to get my hands on! Some are dups of sets
I already had, though they've got nice parts!

7101 Lightsaber Duel     5.97
7111 Droid Fighter       5.97    (Wasn't on shelf>)
7121 Naboo Swamp         9.97
7128 Speeder Bikes       9.97
7130 Snowspeeder        19.97
7141 Naboo Fighter      19.97    (Wasn't on shelf>)
7150 Tie Fighter and Y-Wing  49.97 (I might be a little off)
7151 Sith Infiltrator   29.97
7171 Mos Espa PodRace   89.97    (Wasn't on shelf>)

Only set I'm missing so far from the first release is the X-wing, they
didn't have any of them there. They also didn't have the Gungan Sub, and
I haven't seen anyone else mention the Naboo Swamp set.
I might be checking out TRU in a bit anyway, though one of the guys at
Wallyworld this morning said it was just trashed last night, I guess
people were shoving and pushing and taking stuff out of other peoples
carts (rather rude).  So I'm not sure if they'd have anything left.

Hope everyone else gets all the sets they want!!!
I think this time, they actually had a little more supply to meet the
demand!