 Star Wars / 1682
  TRU Midnight Opening

Ok, I just called my local TRU to ask if they were, indeed, opening at 12am, and was told it would be Sunday. Now, according to my calendar, May 1st comes on Saturday, meaning the early opening would be tonight. The implication from the TRU (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

(...) on (...) Yup, that's correct. The release date for Episode 1 merchandise (not just Lego) is May 3 (Monday), not May 1. James (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

Then why on earth have I been laboring under the delusion that it's tonight? I can handle a midnight excursion on a Friday, but on a Sunday? Work is not all that lenient on the delinquent. Sigh. (...) comes (...) from (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

(...) on (...) Just to be sure, you might want to double check. I don't second guess people who have never worked the night shift, I make sure. Having worked the night shift for over a year some years ago I noticed this. Get them to commit to saying (...) (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

(...) Take a long nap Sunday afternoon. Steve (25 years ago, 30-Apr-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

To all, Try this very point with the movie theaters, They say "Matinee shows start before 12 PM and there for are at reduced ticket price) Go the the theater for the late night showing of Star Wars EP 1 (Through that in there to keep it on topic) (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

May 3rd (12:01 am) is the release date. If you heard anywhere that it was May 1st, that date was wrong. Rob ---...--- (...) on (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

(...) I may have to do that! I have an Archeology Dig early in the morning, and then I have to stay up so I can buy the sets! I wonder if I should try for no sleep, so I can build everthing... ;) Jeff "Thank god I have no tests on Monday" Stembel (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

I usually don't go to bed until 12 or 1 in the morning anyway, so it isn't' too big of deal for me. I think I will take an extra nap, though, this afternoon, after work, just in case. I hope there won't be too many people there. I don't want to be (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU Midnight Opening

Ugh. If I don't get to bed by 11, I'm a zombie for work at 8 the next morning. A nap on Sunday afternoon it is! BTW, the sign on the door did say that it was 12:01 am on Monday morning, ie the non-daylight period between Sunday and Monday, that the (...) (25 years ago, 1-May-99, to lugnet.starwars)