 Star Wars / 16560
  He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

I knew there was a reason I kept my widescreen VHS trilogy box set of remastered originals around (the one with Vader's helmet on an all black box, very cool). At this point, I'm not going to be surprised by anything George does. He is so encircled (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

(...) I think he was (key word 'was') both a good director and writer. Don't forget what came before Star Wars. THX 1138 and American Graffiti are both solid, if not classic, works of the screen. (...) Episode I proved that an entire movie without a (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

(...) Fine, make me dig out the old video... (ah, I don't believe I've watched it since pre-SE days, so I don't mind) Okay, if you have a copy of "From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga" (released in conjunction with the THX remastered (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

(...) Was Jabba supposed to be a slug originally? This scene is included in the novel, and Jabba is clearly human. If the filmed scene was supposed to have an animated Jabba superimosed over the actor, then why was the actor in costume? I'd be (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

(...) No, and that's the one big thing that I like about the scene not being included in the original cut. It left Jabba open for redesign when RotJ came along, since he'd never appeared in the previous two movies. See, if you make a big hulking (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

(...) In the interview at the beginning of the Special Edition VHS tape, George Lucas says "Originally I thought Jabba the Hutt would be kind of a furry character, like Chewbacca." - Dan Efran Martian Ambassador (URL) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: He just keeps getting dumber - no original cuts? what's next?

(...) Jabba the Mutt? Wow, I don't think I've watched the SE interviews since I first opened my boxed set. (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars)