 Star Wars / 16260
Re: The Alphabet Project Strikes Back!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:16:46 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Jon Palmer wrote:
The T-wing has finally been finished and I've completely redone the Alphabet
section on FBTB:

<http://www.fbtb.net/jon/>

I'll have the R-wing done soon.

Tell me what you think!

~ <<http://zemi.net/sidebar/bot001.gif>>
~ [ j o n ]¬
  <http://zemi.net [zemi.net]>¬
  <http://the-shipyard.com [the-shipyard]>

   Jon-

   I tried to post a response to this
   a couple of times (the number one
   reason my posting is way down this
   year, by the way) and IE crudded out
   because of the very laggy connections
   I get from here in Africa.  So this
   isn't nearly as detailed as the one
   I WANTED to write, but hey.

   I love this one, more so than just
   about any of the others.  The use of
   the sand-green, and the machinery-filled
   fracture effect of the dark grey, are
   fantastic.  I'm especially impressed
   by the complex and subtle angles; the
   Mars canopy + 3x2x6 fairing solution
   is one that I'd rolled around in my head
   but I'd never been able to see in practice.
   You've given me hope that it can look
   good once I have the pieces in hand
   once again to build it!

   Two queries:  How is its structural
   integrity as a model?  How does it hold
   up to "whooshing," and does it stay stable
   or wobble loosely when so is done?  If
   it's good and solid, then I'm even more
   impressed.  The second query is more
   basic:  What are the dark grey 2x2x2
   cones meant to represent?  They look like
   little horns.

   best

   LFB